carolinekonline.com is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
carolinekonline.com may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 23 May 2018.
What we collect
We do not collect sensitive information such as financial information, political views or religious beliefs.
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, state, city and country
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers such as preferences and interests
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may send you follow-up emails with more information about a product or service you have requested information about
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting and useful using the email address which you have provided.
- We may advertise or display targeted, or interest-tailored offers to you, based on pages you have visited, products you have bought from us or have recently viewed on our site.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Based on length of their expiration period, cookies can be session based or persistent ones.
- Session cookies only last for as long as the session and they expire at the end of your current visit to the site. They allow us to link your actions during that particular session.
- Persistent cookies are stored on your device in between browser sessions, allowing us to remember your preferences or actions across multiple visits or sites.
Based on ownership, cookies fall into two categories:
- First-party cookies are those set and managed by ckMarketingOnline and our site that is being visited by the user at the time in order to preserve your preferences.
- Third-party cookies are placed in your browser by a domain, and a vendor, that is not our site that you are currently visiting. Our site sets third-party cookies from our analytics and marketing partners and vendors.
Cookies, web beacons, tags and similar technologies, managed by us or third-parties, serve various purposes on our site. Based on purpose, they can be either essential for the functioning of our site and services or enable us with extra functionality such as tracking trends and movements of the users, analysing demographic information, provide performance and analytic data about the site and serve advertising. Based on the purpose we classify them in the following categories:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to function. They can store your account identifier, ordering status, personalisation or website tracking.
- Analytics cookies: We use analytics services by third parties to collect information about the use of this site, such as number of visits, pages visited, popularity of certain content. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Analytics tools use tracking cookies to recognize your device and compile information about you. They may collect information such as what pages you visit and how much time you spend on these pages, the IP address assigned to you, what operating system and web browser you use, and what site you visited prior to visiting our website. If you disable these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor and improve its performance.
- Functional Cookies: These cookies enable our website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Targeting Cookies: Our website includes marketing cookies provided by third parties. That allows these parties to collect information that you have visited our site and were interested in certain offers. We also use beacons, tags, click tracking codes and scripts to analyze trends and movements of users around the site, gather information about user base as a whole, and how we can improve our services and site, to provide advertising based on activities and interests and to measure advertising effectiveness. As a result we may display targeted, or interest-tailored offers based on the products you currently own or have recently viewed and deliver other communication more relevant to you and your interests outside of our site, on other websites part of the third party’s network.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
How you can manage, control or block cookies
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
This may however prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. Please note that if you disable our website cookies or cookies in general in your browser settings, this will prevent site functionally-required cookies and certain sections or features of our site will not work.
Here’s an easy guide how to DECLINE or to REJECT cookies: https://www.wikihow.com/Disable-Cookies
For more information on deleting, disabling or blocking cookies, please visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org
You can modify your cookie preferences directly from your browser.
Browser settings are usually found in the ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ menu. Browser-specific help with cookies can be found in the links below. For further information, we recommend referring to the documentation of your browser.
- Internet Explorer https://support.microsoft.com/en-GB/kb/278835
- Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Firefox https://support.mozilla.org/en-GB/kb/delete-browsing-search-download-history-firefox
- Safari https://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042?locale=en-GB
- Opera http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website – don’t do it. Instead contact us directly per email firstname.lastname@example.org with regards to what the form is about (e.g. access to download a free report about marketing)
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you or if you want it deleted please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us to the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.